Aug 9, 2007

Let's speak!

Today, I attended a conversation club at a library.

This session is that the people of different countries and the American volunteers have a discussion together. Everyone can attend this.

Participants split into two groups.
Members of my group were three volunteers, three French women and me.
We talked about each culture of own country.

By the way, an American woman talked Japanese to my friends and me at a metro yesterday.
She may be a beginner in Japanese, but she attempted to speak Japanese which she knows.
I admire her!! What a great spirit!

So, today, I made positive efforts to speak English than usual.
As a result, I had fun so much!!
I will speak English as much as possible now and remind myself "Don’t be shy!".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time no see!
I can guess your English skill are getting better day by day.
As you say,I think speaking languages is much better with positive motivation. "Don't be shy"!!!

mac said...

Hey, palmama!
My skill is getting better than before!? Really? I’m happy good English speaker like you said that. Thank you so much!!

Yes. I realize right now it’s important to have aggressive spirits.

I wanna speak English fluently and talk with people of different countries!

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Yuriko!

Thats awesome that u have joined a conversation club.

Its also pretty excellent that they have chosen a library as the session location.

Our meet ups take place at a coffehouse & although they r very warm & friendly they r not as structured.

A Chinese speaker expressed to me that I would have a greater chance of learning if I attended their meetings at the library.

So u r definitely on the right track. :)!

I believe you have mastered a great deal more of the English language since I started reading your blog as well.

Keep up the great work & by all means Dont Be Shy! ;)

take care,

Selina

mac said...

Hello, Selina!
Thank you so much for your warm words. I’m really glad!!
When I started to write my blog, I wasn’t sure how I write it in English.
I couldn’t also read your blog, but can read it now!

Actually, I can learn so much from reading your blog & comment.

Also, I will attend conversation club as much as possible.
As you say, meetings like this are very helpful for me.
Let’s keep up learning foreign languages!!

Thanks☆